Re: Adress Database

From: Joel Burton <jburton(at)scw(dot)org>
To: Ludwig Meyerhoff <ludwig(at)antar(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Adress Database
Date: 2001-05-03 15:26:12
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 3 May 2001, Ludwig Meyerhoff wrote:

> In Multiple letters I selected to import data from MS-Query, there I
> created a new connection to the server. But then MS-Query caused some
> error and broke down ...
>
> How can I let the system work properly?

You're going to have be much more specific about what the errors generated
by MS Query were, and what you mean by "broke down".

You're best solution, if you want technical help w/ this problem, would be
to post the following:

1) pg_dump output of your database so that an interested person can
recreate it

2) the version of PG, the ODBC driver, MS Query, + Word that you are
using.

3) the settings in the ODBC driver.

4) the exact steps you're taking for the merge, and where the error
happens.

There a FAQ on using PG + Access, which includes a lot of info about PG +
ODBC. It's at www.scw.org/pgaccess

--
Joel Burton <jburton(at)scw(dot)org>