Re: Returning Recordsets from Stored-procs

From: Andreas Tille <tillea(at)rki(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Returning Recordsets from Stored-procs
Date: 2000-11-06 11:10:54
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Grant Finnemore wrote:

> Whilst this is an unfortunate position at the moment, it has been my experience that it does not cause insurmountable problems.
> (Some short term headaches - yes. ;-)
After learning this as a fact you have short term headaches but before
you have continuos headache while trying to port a database.
I think I'm not the only one who would be really, really happy if
*real* stored procedures would be high on top of the todo list.

(In fact this is the *only* thing I'm currently really missing in
PostgreSQL.)

Kind regards

Andreas.