Re: Connecting remotely - multi tier

From: Cedar Cox <cedarc(at)visionforisrael(dot)com>
To: "Sergio A(dot) Kessler" <sak(at)tribctas(dot)gba(dot)gov(dot)ar>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Connecting remotely - multi tier
Date: 2000-11-02 15:18:48
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

You seem to have given this a lot of thought so let me ask a question.
How do I implement a user login system? If the user knows their password
(and don't they always?..), what's to stop them from finding and
contacting the database directly, bypassing the middle tier? I haven't
been able to find a solution to this problem. Every time I try to think
about it by brain goes into a recursive loop! :o

Ideas?

-Cedar