RE: Save java objects using JDBC

From: Rob Judd <rjudd(at)mlug(dot)missouri(dot)edu>
To: Peter Mount <petermount(at)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk>
Cc: "pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Save java objects using JDBC
Date: 2000-10-17 14:17:13
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> No, when you forget to setAutoCommit(false) you get a different exception.
>
> This is a protocol error. What version of both the Backend, JDBC Driver and
> JDK are you using?

Very sorry - I meant to put this information in.

jdbc6.5-1.2, postgresql-6.5.3-6 (these two packaged by RedHat)
jdk-1.2.2 (pacakged by Sun)

I remember now that you mention it: a while ago I got the sources to the
jdbc and fixed this problem myself (which is why I thought I had it
working) but I no longer have it available.

Will a simple upgrade solve this?

Thanks a lot, Rob