ODBC - invalid protocol character

From: Cedar Cox <cedarc(at)visionforisrael(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBC - invalid protocol character
Date: 2000-09-22 12:22:57
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Ok, this happened yesterday so I don't remember exactly what happened.
We're working with Access 97 and PG 7.x (how do I find my PG version?).
I think it was when attempting to do a passthrough query I got the message
"An invalid protocol character was received from the backend." I don't
think I saw anything in the backend log because I remember being a little
confused as to where the error was coming from. Anyone know what's going
on? I can track down the query and give some more specific information if
necessary.

Thanks much,
-Cedar