Re: 7.1 Release Date

From: g <brian(at)wuwei(dot)govshops(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Trond Eivind Glomsrød <teg(at)redhat(dot)com>, The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.1 Release Date
Date: 2000-09-01 12:11:19
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom, I for one appreciate the fact that the developers would rather spend
their time working on features! Keep at it, everyone is doing a *great*
job. Postgres is a joy to use.

I don't really know what all the controversy is over here. Dumping your
data before a version upgrade of your database is pretty standard
procedure.

To the People Who Don't Backup Their Data Before Upgrading: you're playing
with fire. Even if you have some application which claims that you don't
need to dump your db and back it up, you're STILL playing with fire.

Water overcomes the stone;
Without substance it requires no opening;
This is the benefit of taking no action.
Lao-Tse

Brian Knox
Senior Systems Engineer
brian(at)govshops(dot)com