Re: Date of creation and of change

From: Andreas Tille <tillea(at)rki(dot)de>
To: hlefebvre <hlefebvre(at)lexbase(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL SQL <pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Date of creation and of change
Date: 2000-08-25 14:59:59
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, hlefebvre wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:

> > NEW.ChangedAt := now();
> > to prevent the system from reducing timestamp('now') to a constant
> > when the function is first executed.
> >
> > regards, tom lane
> yep you're right :
You both are completely right. Forget about my previous mail. I made
a boring mistake and left the old state untouched. Now it works.

By the way: Hwo can I prevent Access from warning me about the fact,
that "another user" (well it's the postgres server) has changed the
data set while I was edditing it? (In general it's no problem, but
if I try two changes immediately the second change will be started
with this boring warning.) But this is perhaps off topic in this
list ....

Kind regards and many thanks to you all

Andreas.