postgresql-java (fwd)

From: sergiy grigoriev <grygoriev(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgresql-java (fwd)
Date: 2000-08-22 04:03:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 18:33:39 +0300 (EEST)
From: sergiy grigoriev <serg(at)localhost(dot)localdomain>
To: pgsql-questions(at)postgresql(dot)org

Hi !
While developing a Java GUI front-end to Postgresql I've faced the
next problem:

I want my program to
1. list all the available tables in the database
2. Show the structure of the chosen table.

1.The first task is OK,it can easily be done by inspecting the PG_TABLES
2. Please tell me how can I determine the structure of the table
(field names and types) using Postgres JDBC Driver in order to
complete the second task.

Thank you in advance for your reply.