Re: Operator Precedence problem?

From: John McKown <jmckown(at)prodigy(dot)net>
To: Philip Warner <pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: Operator Precedence problem?
Date: 2000-08-12 13:53:54
Lists: pgsql-sql

Every language that I've ever used (other than APL) has the precedence of
"or" being less than "and". So I would always expect the "and" clauses to
be evaluated first, then the "or". Just like in math, where in an
equation, I expect that the multiplication (and) is done before the
addition (or). Unless modified by parentheses just as in your second
example.