Get a row by it's number from (re)select

From: Boszormenyi Laszlo <gcs(at)jupiter(dot)hlab(dot)uni-miskolc(dot)hu>
To: pgsql-novice(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Get a row by it's number from (re)select
Date: 2000-07-20 11:30:55
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello!

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Phil Meadway wrote:

> Do you want to retrieve the nth row from
> a select ... order by statement? Or are you looking for the nth row added? Nth
> row added can be achieved if you use an incrementing sequence counter when
> adding.

To simplify the things, I do something like this:
execute a 'select * from mytable' from a cgi, then I write one of the
columns into options (the html tag). I generate unique name for them
ofcourse. When you submit your choice, an other cgi would display the full
row for that entry.
I know it can be done with the where clause too, but I'm intrested.

Thanks the help,
Laszlo Boszormenyi