Patch for Linux-IA64

From: Reinhard Max <max(at)suse(dot)de>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Patch for Linux-IA64
Date: 2000-07-03 13:52:40
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-patches

Hi,

attached to this mail is a patch from a colleague that makes
PostgreSQL-7.0.2 run on Linux for the Intel-IA64 architecture. It also
fixes a bug in the configure scripts that caused configure to fail on
the fcntl(F_SETLK) test.

This fix triggered a bug in the fcntl(F_SETLK) code of the Linux
kernel when used on unix domain sockets resulting in postmaster to
segfault immediately after startup. There is a fix available and
included in the kernel that will be on SuSE Linux 7.0, but kernels <=
2.2.16 still have this bug.

Therefore we decided to disable the calls to fcntl(F_SETLK) in
src/backend/libpq/pqcomm.c as workarround for the PostgreSQL RPMs for
SuSE Linux which I am currently working on. The patch (hack) doing
this is also included.

Regards,

Reinhard Max
--
If you put garbage in a computer nothing comes out but garbage.
But this garbage, having passed through a very expensive machine,

Attachment Content-Type Size
postgresql-7.0.2-ia64.dif text/plain 2.3 KB