Re: New book on Postgres

From: bill(at)wadley(dot)org
To: tedken(at)manning(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New book on Postgres
Date: 2000-06-06 15:50:00
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello! wers regarding a book proposal on

Regarding the book proposal on Postgres: I can tell you that the world
needs a Postgres book!

Specifically, I would like to see the following topics covered:

- table-inheritance: what does it mean, how does it work, examples
- regular expressions in queries: examples
- PL/pgSQL: thorough coverage and examples
- pg_options file: complete explanation of all options, and detailed
coverage of performance-tuning and troubleshooting
- creating and adding new types/operators/etc.

The most important things to remember are:

1) We do not need another SQL book, we need a PostgreSQL book
2) examples, examples, examples

Thanks!

B-)

--