Re: 7.1 items

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)tm(dot)ee>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.1 items
Date: 2000-04-06 00:09:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian writes:

> Oops, yes:
>
> WAL/write ahead log
> TOAST/long tuples
> outer joins
> query tree redesign
> function manager redesign
>
> What year to we want to release 7.1? :-)

ISTM that any one of these features could lead to a release of its own
right. Considering that at least four of these five were planned for 7.0
we perhaps shouldn't be overly enthusiastic (although ambitious plans
never hurt).

FWIW, my own plans for 7.1 revolve around ACL enhancements and build
system clean up.

--
Peter Eisentraut Sernanders väg 10:115
peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net 75262 Uppsala