PostgreSQL x Oracle

From: Marcelo Pereira <gandalf(at)sum(dot)desktop(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL x Oracle
Date: 2003-02-09 16:59:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

I have been using PostgreSQL to do everything I need, but people always
ask me ``why PostgreSQL''.

I use to tell that PostgreSQL is powerfull, but when they ask me to
compare PostgreSQL with Oracle I get myself in troubles.

I don't use Oracle!

What does Oracle have that Postgresql doesn't have? Why does people
continue thinking that Oracle is better than PostgreSQL?

How can I compare it??

See ya,

Marcelo Pereira

-- Remember that only God and ^[:w saves.
__
(_.\ © Marcelo Pereira |
/ / ___ marcelo(at)pereira(dot)com |
/ (_/ _ \__ [Math|99]-IMECC |