Re: [GENERAL] can I do this.

From: Stuart Rison <rison(at)biochemistry(dot)ucl(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: "Jason C(dot) Leach" <jcl(at)mail(dot)ocis(dot)net>, pgsql-list <pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] can I do this.
Date: 1999-11-27 17:40:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Yes, but wasn't there talk -a little while back- of actually implementing
Perl functions directly (i.e. not via a C wrapper).

I remember there was a fair bit of support for doing so but I haven't
heard any more!

Anybody out there doing it? I'd really love it! I'd help but I only
"program" Perl... hence the request ;)

Cheers,

S.

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> On 1999-11-25, Jason C. Leach mentioned:
>
> > I'm wondering if I can set a trigger or stored procedure that will run a
> > perl script?
>
> Your best bet will probably be a wrapper function in C that will call the
> Perl program via system(), for example.
>
> --
> Peter Eisentraut Sernanders vg 10:115
> peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net 75262 Uppsala
> http://yi.org/peter-e/ Sweden

Stuart C. G. Rison
6th floor, Darwin Building, University College London (UCL)
Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
Tel. 0207 504 2303, Fax. 0207 380 7193
e-mail: rison(at)biochem(dot)ucl(dot)ac(dot)uk