Banner

From: Jeff MacDonald <jeff(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Banner
Date: 1999-11-04 20:07:08
Lists: pgsql-announce

Greets starting sometime next week PostgreSQL Inc. Will
be putting a banner run on www.linuxjournal.com.

We're getting approx 3000 ads, so they should run for about
12 days. We competing with some big boys for add space, ie:
va research,redhat etc..

We're looking for submitions for possible banner add's, and
we would like you, the postgesql using public to help design
an effective and professional banner.

below are the requirements

file size = they said 10k , but i've seen some at like 35k
image size = 468x60
format = most ppl's are in gif (animations are allowed)
images = be creative , however the use of images from
http://www.pgsql.com/propaganda/ especially the
elephant head. (thanks again daniel) are encouraged

what postgresql inc does (in short)
we offer commercial technical support for postgresql
we sell postgresql cd's
we sell postgresql merchandise such as shirts/golfshirts/hats
and perhaps soon keychains and stickers.

we need something catchy to say.
ie: for years postgresql has been your best open source
RDBMS choice now it has the support to back it. yada yada.
i'm sure someone else can word that snappier.

so fire up the gimp or photoshop and get cracking..
please note that PostgreSQL Inc. reserves the right to change your submition
is ANY WAY before final submition to linux journal.

the creator of the best banner will reveive 1(one) of the following of their choice
PostgreSQL CD
or
PostgreSQL Ball Cap
or
PostgreSQL Shirt Version 1

As seen on http://www.pgsql.com/products.html

Good Luck, and may the source be with you.

Jeff MacDonald
jeff(at)pgsql(dot)com
http://www.pgsql.com

So long as the Universe had a beginning, we can suppose it had a
creator, but if the Universe is completly self contained , having
no boundry or edge, it would neither be created nor destroyed
It would simply be.