Re: [GENERAL] CREATE VIEW blah AS SELECT DISTINCT etc

From: Bob Kline <bkline(at)rksystems(dot)com>
To: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
Cc: Moray McConnachie <moray(dot)mcconnachie(at)computing-services(dot)oxford(dot)ac(dot)uk>, pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, webmaster(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] CREATE VIEW blah AS SELECT DISTINCT etc
Date: 1999-10-22 15:55:28
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 22 Oct 1999, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Oct 1999, Bob Kline wrote:
>
> > Sounds reasonable to me. In fact, when I went to check the FAQ to
> > verify that it wasn't already there I noticed that the link to the FAQ
> > from http://www.postgresql.org/info.html was dead. Best might be a link
> > from the FAQ to a copy of the latest version of bug.template.
>
> Where did you get that url? I just went to Info Central and check on
> each of the FAQs and it appears that the only one having problems is
> the Japanese version which is hosted on a site in Japan - I'll remove
> that link. It appears you're looking at an old site or using old urls?
> If you're accessing a mirror site, could you give me the sitename so I
> can remove it if it's not up to date?
>
> Vince - Webmaster.

How to repeat:
1. Start at http://www.postgresql.org/
2. Click Refresh
3. Click on Info Central from left
4. Click Refresh
5. Click General Info
6. Click Refresh
7. Click "guide" under the heading Info Sheet
8. Click Refresh
9. Click PostgreSQL FAQ (below the first paragraph)

The URL after step 8 is http://www.postgresql.org/info.html (as cited in
the original report).

Hope this helps.

--