Re: [GENERAL] Is it possible run pgsql in Windows 95 ?

From: Peter Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Geraldo Lopes <precisa(at)altavista(dot)net>, PosgreSQL-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Is it possible run pgsql in Windows 95 ?
Date: 1999-09-25 10:06:41
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it possible run pgsql in Windows 95 ? Does someone has some example,
> > note ..
>
> No, you can only run sql clients on windows95. The PostgreSQL server
> has to be on Unix or NT.

I did (some time ago) compile a static psql binary (the client not the
backend) under Win95. It worked quite well. I used Cygwin, although at the
time we didn't have NT support, so it was hacked to bits to get it
working.

Obviously the server needs Unix or NT as bruce said.

Peter

--
Peter T Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk