Re: [HACKERS] Re: HISTORY for 6.5.2

From: Ryan Kirkpatrick <rkirkpat(at)rkirkpat(dot)net>
To: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: HISTORY for 6.5.2
Date: 1999-09-14 21:44:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Lamar Owen wrote:

> > Our problem is that minor releases don't get the same cross-platform
> > testing as major releases.
>
> I understand -- I am patch-munging as I write this, after booting into RedHat 6
> on my notebook. If Ryan K is still around, he may find it easier going, as he
> did the backpatch to 6.5.1. There are a couple of failed hunks, and some
> reverses. We'll see how it goes.

Yea, I am still around, though a bit busy with school at the
moment. I should be able to get 6.5.2beta downloaded and the alpha patches
updated for it by Monday if you want me to try. Or, if you get an updated
alpha patch before then, email it to me, and I will try it out. TTYL.

| "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." |
| --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV) |
| Ryan Kirkpatrick | Boulder, Colorado | http://www.rkirkpat.net/ |