Re: [GENERAL] [Fwd: Maximum filesize of one file]

From: Peter Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Martin Weinberg <weinberg(at)osprey(dot)astro(dot)umass(dot)edu>
Cc: CN Liu <cn(at)mail(dot)sinyih(dot)com(dot)tw>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] [Fwd: Maximum filesize of one file]
Date: 1999-08-16 18:37:06
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, 16 Aug 1999, Martin Weinberg wrote:

> Currently, pgsql 6.5.x breaks up the files containing
> tables into roughly 1 GB chunks. My question is: will
> pgsql do the same for the files containing the indices?

It should do, as it's the StorageManager that does the splitting, and
tables/indices both use the StorageManager.

This also includes the current LargeObject implementation, as they are
currently implemented as a table/index pair.

--
Peter T Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk