Re: [HACKERS] COPYz

From: Marc Howard Zuckman <marc(at)classyad(dot)com>
To: Theo Kramer <theo(at)flame(dot)co(dot)za>
Cc: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] COPYz
Date: 1999-08-13 13:05:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Theo Kramer wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've been doing some big imports using COPY. Problem I have is COPY
> aborting if a field could not be parsed. What's the feeling about
> changing the behaviour so it does not abort, yet writes the offending line
> number to the error log and continues with the next line?

My feeling is that the suggested enhancement would save me
hours of work.

Marc Zuckman
marc(at)fallon(dot)classyad(dot)com

_ Visit The Home and Condo MarketPlace _
_ http://www.ClassyAd.com _
_ _
_ FREE basic property listings/advertisements and searches. _
_ _
_ Try our premium, yet inexpensive services for a real _
_ selling or buying edge! _