Re: [INTERFACES] Re: TQ again

From: Peter Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Byron Nikolaidis <byronn(at)solipsys(dot)com>
Cc: James Loh <jamesloh(at)neways(dot)com(dot)my>, PostgreSQL Interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: TQ again
Date: 1999-07-26 19:07:38
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, Byron Nikolaidis wrote:

> Peter Mount wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, James Loh wrote:
> >
> > > Now that I can get the crypt option to work, I am disappointed that the
> > > psqlodbc driver
> > > doesn't support the crypt option.
> > >
> > > Do you know of any other ODBC driver for Windows 95/98 that supports the
> > > crypt passwords?
> >
> > Not that I know of. I'm forwarding this to the Interfaces list.
> >
> > Byron: Is crypt support going to be in the ODBC driver?
> >

> Sorry to disappoint... ;)
>
> Actually, I don't remember what's involved with crypt. I suppose I could add
> it at some point though. Can somebody remind me what's involved?

Remembering how I did it with JDBC, it's just an extra two lines of code
along side the PASSWORD handling stuff to call crypt.

As for crypt(), we have our own implementation, based on one found on the
net.

I wouldn't have thought it would take much to convert it to C for ODBC to
use crypt.

Peter

--
Peter T Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk