Re: Language C - Console-based FrontEnd

From: "Roderick A(dot) Anderson" <raanders(at)tincan(dot)org>
To: Marcelo Pereira <gandalf(at)sum(dot)desktop(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Language C - Console-based FrontEnd
Date: 2001-07-21 17:02:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Sorry I delelted and expunged the origianl messsage.

> > I'm a PostgreSQL developer, and I use to access the databases from PHP
> > scripts, almost everything is on PHP, but right now I have to bring up
> some
> > 'diskless stations', these computers are going to be used to query the
> > database, like kiosks.

I take it running a text based browser on the console isn't an option.
Links and lynx come to mind.
Links supports frames (which are needed sometimes) but doesn't use
the same keys as lynx. I haven't used links a lot but it is being
looked at by a few of us that use SQL-Ledger in a similar situation.

Rod
--
Remove the word 'try' from your vocabulary ...
Don't try. Do it or don't do it ...

Don Aslett