Re: Difference between insert a tuple in a table by function and by datasheet

From: Dariusz Pietrzak <dariush(at)ajax(dot)umcs(dot)lublin(dot)pl>
To: DI Hasenöhrl <i(dot)hasenoehrl(at)aon(dot)at>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Difference between insert a tuple in a table by function and by datasheet
Date: 2001-06-22 08:25:30
Lists: pgsql-odbc pgsql-sql

> I have the following situation: ( I use MsAccess97 as frontend, ODBC 7.1.0003)
> I insert tuples in a table with a plpgsql-function, called in a form via VBA-code. It works fine, but I can't update these tuples in datasheet view. ERROR: an other user has changed in the meantime.....but I'm the only.
> When I insert tuples via datasheet view, I can update these tuples, but only these.
Answer to that is actually in a FAQ.
Try setting 'row versioning' in your ODBC source, and remember to overload
'=' operator for int4 and xid. You'll find implementation in the FAQ.
Oh, and maybe someone knows - when in access I do 'refresh linked tables'
it's very very slow, and doesen't work the way I want ( ie - when I
changed say 'row versioning' in driver acces won't notice until I delete
and re-add linked tables).

--
Dariusz Pietrzak
Certified Nobody