Re: Fwd: Re: Shared memory for RH Linux 7.1

From: Michael J Schout <mschout(at)gkg(dot)net>
To: Ryan Mahoney <ryan(at)paymentalliance(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Shared memory for RH Linux 7.1
Date: 2001-06-01 20:54:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 24 May 2001, Ryan Mahoney wrote:

> >This is true. You can adjust the value in the /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax
> >file. If you change the value it will be reset when you reboot, so you
> >will need to write a start-up script to always change this value if you
> >want it to be permanent.

or you can let sysctl do it with this in /etc/sysctl.conf:

kernel.shmmax = 268435456

(obviously changing the value with what is appropriate for your machine).

This is for a RH 6.2 box. DOnt know if its the same on 7.1. We switched to
FreeBSD between redhat 6.2 and 7.0, so we dont have any RH7.1 boxes laying
around. I suspect it hasn't changed though.

Mike