Re: [PHP-DEV] Re: Re: PostgreSQL and PHP persistent connections

From: Jouni Ahto <jah(at)php(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Thies C(dot) Arntzen" <thies(at)thieso(dot)net>, "Thies C(dot) Arntzen" <thies(at)digicol(dot)de>, Rasmus(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us, Lerdorf <rasmus(at)php(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>, php-dev(at)lists(dot)php(dot)net
Subject: Re: [PHP-DEV] Re: Re: PostgreSQL and PHP persistent connections
Date: 2001-02-12 23:19:26
Lists: pgsql-interfaces pgsql-jdbc

Any reasons there could't be either more statuses for a connection besides
CONNECTION_BAD, CONNECTION_OK, or alternativetely, a new libpq function
that could tell us READY_TO_RECEIVE_MORE_SQL_COMMANDS,
PREVIOUS_TRANSACTION_ABORTED_UNTIL_..., etc. (Sorry that I'm shouting... I
just write constant names that way like everyone else.)

-- Jouni