Re: A Sparc/Linux patch (for 7.1), and a Linux rc.d/init.d script....

From: Ryan Kirkpatrick <pgsql(at)rkirkpat(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A Sparc/Linux patch (for 7.1), and a Linux rc.d/init.d script....
Date: 2001-02-03 01:58:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Applied.

> > > Added to /contrib as init.d.
> >
> > Please replace with the one attached to this email message. The
> > previous version depended on the below patch, this one does not. It is
> > also a bit cleaner and has a few more helpful comments.

Thanks for the quick response. Just as nit-pick the
./contrib/README lists ./contirb/init.d as a starting/stopping script as
for 'non-Linux' systems.... Uh... I meant it as non-distribution specific,
but still probably linux specific. Though it is so general that any unix
system that has bash (might even world under sh, never tested) that uses
init.d style scripts should work. Maybe state it as a 'generic unix
init.d script for starting/stopping pgsql....'? Thanks.

| "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." |
| --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV) |
| Ryan Kirkpatrick | Boulder, Colorado | http://www.rkirkpat.net/ |