Re: Re: Beta2 ... ?

From: Michael J Schout <mschout(at)gkg(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>, mike <mike(at)neutrinostudios(dot)com>, The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: Beta2 ... ?
Date: 2001-01-09 22:25:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org> writes:
> > I am inclined to wait until a Release Candidate, if we have one this go
> > around, is available before releasing RPM's, but my mind can be
> > changed.... :-)
>
> Please do make beta RPMs available. Seems to me that there's a
> fair-size population of potential beta testers that we're shutting
> out of the process if we don't put out RPMs. Losing available beta
> testing work is not a good project management practice ...

FWIW:

We would definately beta test 7.1 beta releases on our test machines if RPMS
were made available. However, if rpms are not made available, its unlikely
that anyone around here will get time to build the sources from scratch. So
you can count me as one beta tester that you would have if you made RPMS of the
betas.

Regards,
Mike