Re: 7.1 features list

From: Ryan Kirkpatrick <pgsql(at)rkirkpat(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.1 features list
Date: 2000-12-19 01:59:34
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

On Sat, 16 Dec 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Here is the list of features in 7.1.

One thing that I think ought to be added is that with 7.1,
PostgreSQL will compile out of the box (i.e. without any extra patches)
for Linux/Alpha. This might not be a big deal for most people, but for
those of who run pgsql on Linux/Alpha, it is, and I feel it at least
deserves a mention in the 7.1 feature list.
I looked for it (i.e. grep -i alpha) in the list, but did not see
it. Your choice which heading it goes under.
Also, I have not tested any recent snapshots or betas on
Linux/Alpha lately, but I plan to shortly and will let the hackers list
know of any problems. I have every intention of making sure the 7.1
release does indeed work out of box on Linux/Alpha. Thanks, TTYL.

| "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." |
| --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV) |
| Ryan Kirkpatrick | Boulder, Colorado | http://www.rkirkpat.net/ |