RE: postgreSQL and javascript

From: Bob Kline <bkline(at)rksystems(dot)com>
To: Peter Mount <petermount(at)maidstone(dot)gov(dot)uk>
Cc: "'Adam Lang'" <aalang(at)rutgersinsurance(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: postgreSQL and javascript
Date: 2000-11-28 14:54:51
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Peter Mount wrote:

> They have some time ago, just no one's picked up on it - EMCEA (may
> have the wrong spelling).

Well, sort of. ECMAScript [1] is a standard of which JavaScript is the
most popular implementation. Good luck getting the name replaced. In
light of the opportunity for JavaScript developers to capitalize on the
confusion, which would tend to boost the perceived worth of their
resumes in the eyes of the confused, I don't predict much chance of
success for a name change. But perhaps I'm being too cynical. :->}

[1] ftp://ftp.ecma.ch/ecma-st/Ecma-262.pdf

--
Bob Kline
mailto:bkline(at)rksystems(dot)com