Pivotal system

From: j(dot)logsdon(at)lancaster(dot)ac(dot)uk
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Pivotal system
Date: 2000-11-24 09:32:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

As a newbie to SQL and databases, someone has asked me what is a "pivotal
system". Since in my experience most concepts are common across a number
of disciplines, just the vocabulary changes, can anyone (i) point me in
the right direction and (ii) can Postgres be set up to implement such a
system?

TIA

John