[Q] createdb for existing directory

From: "Roderick A(dot) Anderson" <raanders(at)altoplanos(dot)net>
To: "PostgreSQL::General List" <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: [Q] createdb for existing directory
Date: 2000-10-16 18:36:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Typically when I want to place a database on a different partition I
create it then copy all the stuff from the new databases directory(s) to
the new partition followed by a mount. I check things out and then
unmount the partition remove all the stuff in the database directories,
remount, and then update /etc/fstab for the system.

Seems to work but it is a kludgy method to do it. What I'd like to do
is mount the partition before doing a createdb.

Will this work with 7.1? (I'm writing up some instructions that I'd like
to not have to change later.)

TIA,
Rod
--
Roderick A. Anderson
raanders(at)altoplanos(dot)net Altoplanos Information Systems, Inc.