Re:

From: Jesus Aneiros <aneiros(at)jagua(dot)cfg(dot)sld(dot)cu>
To: "Mehta, Ashok" <mehtaa(at)hmc(dot)harvard(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re:
Date: 2000-07-27 20:02:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Well, did you do a -ls -la /tmp ? The socket file is hidden.

You could try /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql status

to see is there any postmaster still running or ps ax | grep postm

Or simply /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql stop

And tell your sysadmin the last one is the correct way of shutting down
postgresql.

Jesus.