Linux/Alpha Regression Test Patch (Was Re: Call for port testing on fmgr changes -- Results! )

From: Ryan Kirkpatrick <pgsql(at)rkirkpat(dot)net>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Linux/Alpha Regression Test Patch (Was Re: Call for port testing on fmgr changes -- Results! )
Date: 2000-07-05 01:42:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-ports

On Sun, 25 Jun 2000, Tom Lane wrote:

> > and
> > with this patch applied all regression tests pass just fine (save for
> > geometry of course with its standard off by one in nth decimal place
> > difference).
>
> Probably we should write that off as a platform issue and create an
> Alpha-specific expected-output file for geometry. See the documentation
> about platform-specific files, and please send along a patch to add one.

The patch is attached, just adds a line to the resultmap file as
the geometry-solaris-precision.out file matched the Linux/Alpha output.
Also, the geometry-cygwin-precision.out is an exact match to the
geometry-solaris-precision.out file if anyone is interested in reducing
the number of geometry files. :)
Now, all regression tests are passing (snapshot from 2000/7/1),
and this is on a build of pgsql straight out of the box. Just untarred,
configure (w/linux_alpha template), and a make. So, it looks like we have
finally reached out-of-the-box compatiblity for Linux/Alpha. :) Though I
have heard that some of the optional interfaces, ODBC in particular, are
not compiling on the Linux/Alpha. I guess one's work is never done...
TTYL.

PS. The 'make runcheck' for the regression tests is quite a nice
way of testing a pgsql build without affecting a current pgsql install.
One gripe, it calls 'gmake' to do the temporary install, which does not
exists, at least under Debian 2.1 Linux, as GNU make is the only make
installed. Maybe, test for gmake, if it not found, just use make, or use
make outright on linux machines (detected from arch configurations). Just
a suggestion.

PPS. The snapshots still have a dirty config.cache and
config.status file included with them, requiring a make distclean
immediately after untar.

| "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." |
| --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV) |
| Ryan Kirkpatrick | Boulder, Colorado | http://www.rkirkpat.net/ |

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgsql.alpha.patch text/plain 596 bytes