Re: [HACKERS] Re: Call for port testing on fmgr changes -- Results!

From: Ryan Kirkpatrick <pgsql(at)rkirkpat(dot)net>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: Call for port testing on fmgr changes -- Results!
Date: 2000-06-20 23:15:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-ports

On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Tom Lane wrote:

> > declaration). These functions are all in src/backend/utils/adt/nabstime.c.
> > abstime2tm
> > tm2abstime
> > AbsoluteTimeIsBefore
> > AbsoluteTimeIsAfter
> > reltime2tm
>
> Hmm. I did not touch these because they aren't fmgr-callable (and in
> I suspect that the real problem is not call sequences, but something
> else that happens to be affecting these routines (and maybe related code
> they're being compared to. We've seen that before.
> Could you dig a little more and try to identify exactly what's
> going wrong?

Will do. I ran out of time last weekend to actually test if these
functions were the cause of the problem or not. They just looked suspcious
given the patches I had. I will did deeper and see what I can find, but it
will probably not happen until next weekend. Will post when I have found
something.

> Anyway, it sure sounds like we've broken the back of the problems.
> Couple more bug fixes and we'll be there. That's good news indeed!

Yes, very good news indeed! :)

| "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." |
| --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV) |
| Ryan Kirkpatrick | Boulder, Colorado | http://www.rkirkpat.net/ |