Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL accessing a M$ Access DB?

From: Stan Jacobs <jacobs(at)jtek(dot)com>
To: Mike Mascari <mascarm(at)mascari(dot)com>
Cc: fshim(at)cawthra(dot)com, pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL accessing a M$ Access DB?
Date: 2000-03-06 07:00:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Hmm, will the Insight ODBC driver let you copy an Access DB directly into
a Postgres db? Mike, it sounds like this is what you're explaining below,
but I'm relatively new to this and feel like I'm missing something. :-)
Shouldn't there be a client app using the odbc driver to do the copying,
etc? Or does Insight provide that app as well?

Or perhaps I should just rephrase the real question: Given an Access .mdb,
what's the easiest and/or best way to import that data into a Postgres db?

-stan