Re: [GENERAL] apache logs to pgsql

From: <kaiq(at)realtyideas(dot)com>
To: Eric van der Vlist <vdv(at)dyomedea(dot)com>
Cc: Marc Tardif <admin(at)wtbwts(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] apache logs to pgsql
Date: 2000-02-03 00:22:53
Lists: pgsql-general

I did even dirtier job: the cgi parser the log every time people request a
report! -- for the time being, it is used as a prototype and also used
by a few people. so, not a problem.

batch processing is bad when people expect instant real time report.
seems that to parse the log, it depends a lot on the url (get string).
so, we need mod_perl to allow the customization -- that is the apache
side.

seems to me it is totally a apache question, not a pg question. the
parser has to be written in perl with regular exression for easy
development and maintenaince.