Re: RE: version numbers of WinODBC

From: Kovacs Zoltan Sandor <tip(at)pc10(dot)radnoti-szeged(dot)sulinet(dot)hu>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, "'Joel Burton'" <jburton(at)scw(dot)org>, Pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RE: version numbers of WinODBC
Date: 2000-12-20 14:55:56
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Those version numbers make no sense against the PostgreSQL versions, so
> we have just left them alone. Why are there multiple versions floating
> around?
Is it possible to autogenerate the version numbers from PostgreSQL source
configuration? I think the reason why the WinODBC driver has a separate
version number is that it can be compiled directly using the
src/interfaces/odbc/ directory only, so if someone wants to compile the
DLL only, he/she can do it. By the way, if we support this (we must, of
course), autogenerating version numbers doesn't seem to make sense, it
must be set "by hand".

About multiple versions: I think Byron forgot to put his changes into the
CVS. Byron?

Zoltan