arrays in PostgreSQL

From: Kovacs Zoltan Sandor <tip(at)pc10(dot)radnoti-szeged(dot)sulinet(dot)hu>
To: Jie Liang <jliang(at)jliang(dot)ipinc(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: arrays in PostgreSQL
Date: 2000-12-14 11:31:25
Lists: pgsql-sql

> Is it possible to return an array from a plpgsql function??
AICR, it is impossible. In addition, it's not suggested using arrays at
all: the array based logic is foreign from SQL solutions. In fact
PostgreSQL doesn't have a good array support. My friend who built our
logic data model, said that the pg_group table is a bad idea in
PostgreSQL, he would have created a new table to store relations between
groups and users. I don't think it can be modified after such a long time.

Regards, Zoltan