Re: Implementing mod_perl, Perl 5.004, and Postgres

From: Thomas Good <tomg(at)admin(dot)nrnet(dot)org>
To: Jimi Thompson <jthompson(at)link(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Implementing mod_perl, Perl 5.004, and Postgres
Date: 2000-11-09 21:42:16
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Jimi Thompson wrote:

> I keep getting error messages from my CGI scripts regarding a file
> called Pg.pm. Since this appears to be a perl module, I was wondering
> if anyone knows how to go about making Perl and Postgres like each other
> :)

If your use directive in your perl routine states:

use DBI;

And you are getting stderr complaining about missing Pg in @INC
then you are missing DBD::Pg. Grab it from CPAN and do a build.
This presumes you have the prerequisite: DBI.pm

Apache ---> DBI.pm ---> DBD::Pg (Pg.pm) ---> Postgres

Obviously I have a great future behind me in cartography but I
think you get the idea: DBI is a generic interface that uses
a specific driver to access Pg. DBI and DBD are perl modules.

Good hunting,
Tom
SVCMC - Center for Behavioral Health
Thomas Good tomg@ { admin | q8 } .nrnet.org
IS Coordinator / DBA Phone: 718-354-5528
Fax: 718-354-5056