Re: Perl interface

From: Thomas Good <tomg(at)admin(dot)nrnet(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL General List <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Perl interface
Date: 2000-06-16 17:14:26
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, Thomas Holmgren wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I would like to extract data from my postgreSQL7.0 database and present
> them on a web-page. I want to use CGI scripts written in Perl. How do I
> connect to and query the DB from Perl? A reference to a tutorial or some
> sort of documentation would be highly appreciated! :))
>
> I am familiar with both Perl and databases.

Hallo Thomas,

I do that for a living at the moment! Check out my page at:
www.opensystems.org
for links to docs, sample scripts, modules, etc.

The Man, in this instance is Lincoln Stein, PhD, - he wrote CGI.pm
and has a good book: Official Guide To Programming the CGI.pm

Do a search on Yahoo or whatever: CGI.pm
Click on Lincoln Stein's page to find the ISBN for the book.
About $28 (perhaps less from Amazon).
My page has his scripts... ;-)

If you want to see some of my code (more involved than the rudimentary
samples) send some mail to hackers(at)admin(dot)nrnet(dot)org
Also, have a look at: www.simtax.ca/acc - this is SQL Ledger, an
Open Source accounting package. Dieter Simader is the author and
a nice guy as well.

Cheers,
Tom

SVCMC - Center for Behavioral Health
Thomas Good tomg@ { admin | q8 } .nrnet.org
IS Coordinator / DBA Phone: 718-354-5528
Fax: 718-354-5056