Re: Transactionless ODBC

From: Kovacs Zoltan Sandor <tip(at)pc10(dot)radnoti-szeged(dot)sulinet(dot)hu>
To: Alex Stewart <astewart(at)freedomintelligence(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Transactionless ODBC
Date: 2000-06-06 13:43:10
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

> SQL>create user roger
> Error creating the table;
> ERROR: CREATE USER: may not be called in a transaction block, SQLSTATE=S0001
A workaround for this problem is: try inserting rows into pg_shadow
(and also into pg_group if it is important for you).

We had similar problems with transactions on Windows. Please check if "Use
DeclareFetch" option is off (configuring the ODBC driver): if it is on,
most statement implies a transaction BEGIN. (I don't know that you
have the opportunity to configure the ODBC driver on Unix, on Windows you
can.)

Regards, Zoltan