6.4.2 on DEC Alpha

From: Sebestyen Zoltan <szoli(at)netvisor(dot)hu>
Subject: 6.4.2 on DEC Alpha
Date: 1999-05-27 09:12:38
Lists: pgsql-general

I tried to compile $(subject) and run into the following problem: When
compiling interfaces\libpq library I couldn't compile fe-connect.c:
The compiler complained that the PQconnectdb's definition and declaration
doesn't match! And I found out that after precompiling, at the definition
of the function (i.e. NOT in the header!) changes, see below:

That line is from the header(libpq-fe.h)
extern PGconn *PQconnectdb(const char *conninfo);

That one from fe-connect.c:
extern PGconn *PQconnectdb(const char *conninfo)

And this line above changes to the one below after precompiling :(((:
extern PGconn *PQconnectdb( char *conninfo)

What went wrong?

Sebestyén Zoltán <szoli(at)netvisor(dot)hu> Things must changed we must rearrange
them, or we'll have to estrange them.
All that I'm saying the game's not
MAKE INSTALL NOT WAR worth playing over and over again.

I use UNIX because reboots are for hardware upgrades.

Kick me! Whip me!! Make me develop on AIX!!!