Re: [HACKERS] Re: CORBA again. (was: light dawns: serious bug in FE/BE protocol handling)

From: Todd Graham Lewis <tlewis(at)mindspring(dot)net>
To: Taral <taral(at)taral(dot)net>
Cc: Goran Thyni <goran(at)kyla(dot)kiruna(dot)se>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: CORBA again. (was: light dawns: serious bug in FE/BE protocol handling)
Date: 1999-04-26 18:45:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Taral wrote:

> PostgreSQL uses a Berkeley license. That's one of the (many) reasons we
> don't want to bundle any ORB into the package.
>
> Do we still have problems depending on GPL code?

ORBit is LGPL'd, so there's no license conflict. And you'd just be
linking against it, not really "including" it, depending on how formal
you want to be about it. The last time we talked about this, I think
it was announced that ORBit would be acceptable, but that was a while
ago. Are there searchable archives of the Postgres list?

--
Todd Graham Lewis Postmaster, MindSpring Enterprises
tlewis(at)mindspring(dot)net (800) 719-4664, x22804

"A pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood." -- George S. Patton