offtopic: db-processing speedup in C

From: Engard Ferenc <fery(at)pons(dot)sote(dot)hu>
To: PostgreSQL list <pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: offtopic: db-processing speedup in C
Date: 1999-05-16 20:42:16
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi all,

If I want to speedup a simple query (simple enough to implement
effectively (and easily ;) in C), one way is to fetch the whole table
into memory, and work from there directly. Now, if the table is
fairly big, then I need to use index(es). Is there a C lib with
appropriate funcs to use if I want to reach better speed than the
sql-server?

I just want to use simple queries like this:

SELECT a.* b.value1 b.value2 FROM a,b WHERE a.b=b.key;

>From what number of records in 'b' is suggested to use an index on
b.key?

Thx:
Circum

__ @
/ \ _ _ Engard Ferenc
l | ( \ / | | (\/) mailto:s-fery(at)kkt(dot)sote(dot)hu
\__/ | | \_ \_/ I I http://pons.sote.hu/~s-fery