database rights?

From: Engard Ferenc <fery(at)pons(dot)sote(dot)hu>
To: PostgreSQL list <pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: database rights?
Date: 2000-02-24 08:13:46
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi all,

When I create a table, what depends that I can do it on? And, what
permissions will be create the new table with?

Ie, I have a database, and I want to access it with two users, and
one of them can create tables, but the newly created tables should be
accessed by the other user by default. And what if I want to create
tables with two users in it?

With the 'createuser' command it asks whether I want to create a new
database for the new user, and warns 'don't forget to create a
database for almafa' if I don't create. How can I do it later, or
change the owner of a database/table?

As long as I see, the grant/revoke works only for tables... Can I set
it to rows maybe...? Or should I create views for that?

Thanks:
Circum

--
Need more drivers for linux! -- http://www.libranet.com/petition.html