Newbie: Access to PostgreSQL from Windows 3.11

From: Christof Klaiber <ut2h(at)rz(dot)uni-karlsruhe(dot)de>
Subject: Newbie: Access to PostgreSQL from Windows 3.11
Date: 1999-02-20 14:39:09
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello all,

I just set up PostgreSQL on a Linux-Box at work. We have several clients
running Windows for Workgroups 3.11 from which I want to connect to the
Database-Server. I thought I could do this using SQL-Pass-Through -
instructions in MS Access but I was not able to find an ODBC-driver which
runs under WfW 3.11. The psqlODBC from www.insightdist.com needs Windwos
95/98 or NT. And I did not find one, that would connect to a Linux Box on
www.openlinksw.com.

Can anyone tell me how to connect to PostgreSQL from WfW 3.11? Can the
JDBC-driver be a solution? I fear installing a beast like Netscape on an
old 386-Wintel, just to have a JavaVM. So which application are you using.

I hope this is not a FAQ (so I have the certain feeling that it is), but I
was not able to find any answer to this. Maybe someone can point me to an
answer. I am confused enough from installing the TCP/IP-Stack on the
Wintel-Boxes, since I use a Mac running LinuxPPC at home.

Thanks in advance,
Christof Klaiber