Re: [SQL] SQL features...

From: Howie <caffeine(at)toodarkpark(dot)org>
To: rjb(at)typeline(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] SQL features...
Date: 1999-12-24 05:51:24
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999 rjb(at)typeline(dot)com wrote:

> There seems to be a few SQL compatibility issues in Postgres that are
> making it difficult for me to convert from Interbase. They are:
>
> Support for foreign keys
> Cascading a deletion across a referenced table or tables using a foreign
> key

refint, for now, handles foreign key constraints. search the mailing list
for additional info.

> Does anyone know when these feature might be implemented?

full fk support ( via REFERENCES ) is due out in 7.0.

> Also: Is libpg a shared library?

depends on how you compile it.

> Can I write a client program say on a
> FreeBSD
> box that links to this library and calls a remote
> Postgres db server running on a Linux box?

yes. and vice versa.

---
Howie <caffeine(at)toodarkpark(dot)org> URL: http://www.toodarkpark.org
"I've learned that you cannot make someone love you.
All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in."