Re: [INTERFACES] Spanish format on date and numbers

From: Karel Zak - Zakkr <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>
To: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Cc: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>, Oscar Serrano <oserra(at)fondos(dot)net>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Spanish format on date and numbers
Date: 1999-12-06 08:26:07
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Sat, 4 Dec 1999, Michael Meskes wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 03, 1999 at 04:38:19PM +0000, Thomas Lockhart wrote:
> > By contrast, we use the system-supplied numeric i/o routines, so don't
> > have full control over formatting options. That may be a good thing,
> > since I would assume the system does a more efficient job than we
> > would.
>
> So postmaster may output a localized number but it cannot parse a statement
> that contains a localized number, right?
>
> If this is correct, I have to honor locales for output but not for input.

I would like write "number" version of the to_char/from_char. It probably
allow convert string with non-PostgreSQL's numbers (with arbitrary
separators etc.) to standard numbers. But I have it in the head now only:-)
(it will available in 7.0).

Karel

Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz> http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/

Docs: http://docs.linux.cz (big docs archive)
Kim Project: http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/kim/ (process manager)
FTP: ftp://ftp2.zf.jcu.cz/users/zakkr/ (C/ncurses/PgSQL)