Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL table data structure generator...

From: Howie <caffeine(at)toodarkpark(dot)org>
To: Marzullo Laurent <Laurent(dot)Marzullo(at)sema(dot)be>
Cc: PGSQL General list <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL table data structure generator...
Date: 1999-09-01 04:49:47
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, Marzullo Laurent wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I propose myself for developping a prog to generate C Source
> code for table structure for a Postgres Table.
>
> If someone have something to say about it (features wanted, new
> langage, etc) (s)he's welcome. And if someone have already done
> it, please stop me now.
>
> Aim of the project:
>
> Generate C/C++ Data structure for a set of table from a PostgreSQL dB.
> The C data structure will be :
> Struct or Class containing all the column of the table.

or you could use GNUstep's ( http://www.gnustep.org ) database library (
aka Enterprise Objects Framework 1.x ), which provides an OO
wrapper for database independent stuff. you dont have to deal with SQL;
you deal with the objects.

quite nice. NeXT ( now Apple ) has been doing that for quite some time
now.

---
Howie <caffeine(at)toodarkpark(dot)org> URL: http://www.toodarkpark.org
"The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success."